hey hey everyone!
wow, this place has been very quiet lately...
anyways, I have a testimony!! :)
I've been using my dad's laptop for photo editing, my coursework assignments, etc..
but a few weeks ago, my dad's laptop started acting weird. Don't really know how to explain the problem, but it was really irritating..
At first, I didn't pay too much attention to it, but it kept getting worse.
I told my dad about it, and he told me to back up all the important documents in case something happened. So that night i turned on the laptop with the intention of backing up all the data, but I fell asleep for about an hour (it was around 11pm...). When I woke up, the screen was all white, and I couldn't do anything to make it function properly. So I rebooted it, but it became worse- the screen wouldn't even turn on. So chamm... By that time it was already about 12 something (am), so I just prayed and went to sleep hoping that it would be ok the next day.
Next morning, I turned the laptop on, but there was again, no display on the screen.
You can imagine how worried I was. My dad just told me to back up everything, and when I was just about to, the laptop konked out! All the important data hadn't been backed up (including my photos!! and my dad's work!!!). At this point, what else could one do but to faster pray to God right?! Hahah... so I prayed and prayed and prayed. Switched the laptop on a couple more times hoping for a miracle, but nothing happened. Aiyoooh, God!!!
(I was dreading telling my dad when he came home from work)
But I told him anyway, and he said to take the laptop to the HP service center the next day.
(Btw, have any of you been there before? I must say, their after sales service is very good!)
On with the story... The girl at the service center said that it was probably only a problem with the motherboard (and not the hard disk) and it should be fixed by the next day. My dad and I were relieved and went out of the HP service center praising God.
BUT, this is not the end of the testimony, in case you are already clapping your hands and saying "Amen! Amen! PTL!" etc etc...
We were told to call the HP customer service center the next day to check if the laptop was ready to be picked up... So, I called. And the girl said that, nope, it wasn't ready, because the technician had ordered for a few things to be replaced. I asked what those things were anticipating the word "motherboard", but she listed a few things. Can't remember all of them, because all I heard was, "....., ......, hard disk, ....., ....., ......"
"Wait, hard disk, miss?!?!?!" I interrupted.
"Yes, hard disk"
"Errr... so that means... erhmm... my previous hard disk is spoilt???!!??"
"Yes"
"And all my data is gone??"
"Yes", she said so unfeelingly.
"Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo........"
(silence from the lady)
"Erm. well, miss _________. Thank you very much". I said while thinking "No thank you very much..." >.< style="font-weight: bold;">ALL the data from the old hard disk was saved!! Woot!!
All my pictures, my assignments, and ...
especially my dad's work (of which I would feel solely responsible for if it had been lost)!!!
After that my dad told my family that he wasn't anxious at all because he had prayed and God had given him peace. Can't say the same about myself, but I know that God also answered my prayer.
Truly, even when it seems like all hope is gone, all things are possible with God!
And I really thank God for covering my mistake of not backing up the data earlier. :)
There, I'm done!
Now you can all clap your hands and say "Amen, Amen...!!"
Haha :D
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
NOOOOO. hp's service is NOOO gooddd.. i mean, their customer service is friendly and all, but the technician T_T
The guy actually went thru ALL my pictures and got my contact number and kept calling me T_T freakyy!!
woah..... =='' that's scary, way~~~~~~~~~ scary
Post a Comment